A common seismic risk culture
POCRISC is a European R & D project for which Deveryware is an official partner. Led by a Franco-Spanish team, it aims to promote a common seismic risk culture in the Pyrenees*.
The regions involved are Catalonia in Spain and Occitania and Andorra in France.
Objectives and action plan
The project has 3 distinct objectives:
- to provide tools that assist decision-making by the relevant authorities during shocks (action 1 & 2)
- to facilitate information sharing (action 3 & 5)
- to determine the vulnerability of regions to seismic risks (action 4).
Through POCRISC, we are developing a management information platform that contains information about buildings, their geolocation, their existing graphic documentation, as well as the use of forms that are currently available in France and Spain.
The platform will allow management of this information from smart phones, making it available to technicians responsible for completing post-seismic diagnostics, as well as maintenance, emergency response and building recovery technicians.
POCRISC is due to be completed in January 2021. To ensure conclusive results, the European Regional Development Fund has financed 65% of the budget, more than one million Euros. *
*Part of the Interreg V-A Spain-France-Andorra Programme project (POCTEFA 2014-2020)
POCRISC Development Project Manager
To learn more about this R & D project, contact me!
- practical cases to learn how to manage seismic crises in a collaborative manner
- the development of mobile applications for emergency professionals that can assess vulnerabilities in a territory and areas affected by an earthquake
- the setting up an automatic earthquake warning system
- the creation of specifications for the construction and risk management industries.
*These tools will be tested by the French and Spanish emergency services during real life simulations and exercises.
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières (France)
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
- Centre d’Essais et de Recherche de l’Entente (France)
- Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Tarbes (France)
- Deveryware (France)
- Bureau Central Sismologique Français (France)
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Spain)
- Direcció General de Protecció Civil Departament d’Interior de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Spain)
- Associació de Consultors d’Estructures (Spain)
- Institut d’Estudis Andorrans (Andorra)
- Instituto Geográfico Nacional (Spain)
- Direction Régionale de l’Environnement, de l’Aménagement et du Logement (France)
- Association Française du Génie Parasismique (France)
- Zone de Défense et de Sécurité Sud (France)
- Observatorie Midi-Pyrénées (France)
- Departamento de Protección Civil y Gestión de Emergencias del Gobierno de Andorra (Andorra)
- Université de Strasbourg (France)